GPUG Amplify Anaheim 2016 - Day 2

Day 2 had me down for 2 sessions. Also, I was invited to participate in an interview with the first GP Live @ #GPUGAmplify live TV stream. My first session, Microsoft Dynamics GP Web Client Architecture, started at 9 AM.

Note: I couldn't get the session name to be changed as the schedule had already been printed by the time I requested the name change.

Web Client Focus  (picture courtesy of Microsoft MVP Steve Endow)
This session covered 4 main topics: web client described, web client architecture, web client infrastructure, and the benefits of the web client.  From an architecture and infrastructure perspective, we dove into how the different web client components interact between each other when a browser request is submitted to the web server until a web client runtime process is spun up on a session host.

Web Client Infrastructure
Understanding this interaction, required explaining in more detail how the Dynamics GP runtime engine and the web client runtime interacted to translate notifications and actions (messages) between the Window Manager components in each runtime.

Web Client Messaging
Finally, my session covered the benefits and scalability of the web client, when compared to RDP mechanisms like Citrix or Terminal Server.

Web Client Scalability (picture courtesy of Microsoft MVP Steve Endow)
Following my session, I went back to the Mekorma Hub to coordinate my live stream interview with Bob McAdam and his team. I was scheduled to go on at 3:30 PM, just after my afternoon session, which would be a repeat of the GP Administration session, completed the day before.

I decided then to go for lunch and had a chance to catch up with my good friend Linda Rose from RoseASP. Our conversation went from personal to business, to how we spend our time at work. Linda is always a very interesting person to converse with as she has so much knowledge about the Dynamics GP application hosting space, plus she has some awesome anecdotes to go along.

After lunch, I decided to go check out the room where I will be delivering my next presentation, and lo and behold there was Linda, ready to deliver her session, Upgrading to Dynamics GP 2016 in the Cloud: 3 simple steps. I decided to show my support and sat into the session, where I learned a few interesting things about cloud hosting and licensing.

Linda Rose and I after her session
Following Linda's session, I delivered my repeat session on Microsoft Dynamics GP Administration. Frankly, I was surprised once more to have a standing room only attendance. As is customary, I treated the group to a picture and a little stretching exercise to overcome post lunch time food coma.

Microsoft Dynamics GP Administration (repeat) Session
You can read more about the topics I covered in this session from my Day 1 post.

Finalizing my session, I had to run quickly over to the Expo hall where I would be mic'ing up to be interviewed live for the first GPUG Amplify live stream event. This was actually a new and innovative approach by Dynamic Communities to get information out in real time to folks who were not able to attend Amplify. The live stream encompassed the views of customers, partners, Microsoft staff, and Microsoft MVPs alike on Amplify. The following is the interview I conducted with host Bob McAdam.


Following my interview, I met up with my good friend Kari-Anne Paterson with Briware Solutions in Oakville, Ontario, Canada. Kari-Anne was up next for a live interview with Bob McAdam.

Me and Kari-Anne Paterson
You can listen to Kari-Anne's interview here.



After Kari-Anne's interview, we decided to go sit at the Mekorma Hub to decompress and catch up. Kari and I share our Caribbean heritage so talking about music and reggae came very natural to us - Kari is Jamaican born. We listened to a few tunes on my computer and the day was over by the time we decided to move on.

I had dinner with my Mekorma colleagues and Njevity folks over at McCormick & Schmick's Grille, where we got to enjoy some good shrimp kisses as you can tell by the picture below.

Chris Dobkins (Njevity), Me, and Craig Klapman (Mekorma)
It was time to go sleep and get some rest for the last day of the conference.

Until next post!

MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MVP

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Power Apps - Application Monitoring with Azure Application Insights

DBMS: 12 Microsoft Dynamics GP: 0 error when updating to Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 R2

eConnect Integration Service for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010