Microsoft Dynamics Convergence Atlanta 2011: Day -4

Day -4: April 6, 2011

Yes folks! It's that time of the year again! Convergence is only 4 days away and everyone is firing on all cylinders, getting last minute preparations done, making sure all speaches are fine-tuned, all presentations good to go... in sum, making sure all T-s are crossed and all I-s are dotted.

And your Dynamic Duo is no different... after spending half of my Spring break in Florida, I was rushed to Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International airport (FLL) in the morning to catch a flight back to Atlanta's Hartfield-Jackson International (ATL) to meet with David, who would be arriving from Perth, Australia (via Sydney and Los Angeles) at 3:00 PM EDT. My flight landed 3 hours before his, so I decided to take the train home and drop off my luggage then head back to the airport in my car to pick him up. I got to the airport 2 minutes before David texted me he'd just landed! Perfect timing. I waited for a bit in the baggage claim area as he cleared customs, and there he was.

David arriving at Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport's baggage claim area
 As you already know, his flight time from Perth to Atlanta is a mere 29 hours. It showed this time! David was exhausted and look like he could use a bed. Upon retrieving his bag, off we went to my house. The drive was uneventful and we were able to avoid the infamous Atlanta rush hour traffic.

Before getting to my house, I convinced David to stop at Starbucks for a coffee - mind you, he does not drink coffee either. He decided to give the barista a hard time by requesting a plain banana smoothie. That's right, no Banana Vivanno for David! The folks at my local Starbucks are very easy going and decided, after warning David that they have never ever been requested to make a plain banana smoothie, that they would give it a try. Well, the results speak for themselves.

David enjoying his plain banana smoothie
Once we were finished, off we went to my house where we would find ourselves fighting a closet full of bed spreads and pillow cases to get a set that would fit my guestroom bed - folks, to be honest, I never visit that closet! The whole ordeal (fitting the bed) took some 30 minutes, ending with me reorganizing the entire closet of spreads. But then came one of the highlights of the evening: David's stash of smuggled goodies from Australia.

Smuggled goodies: Tim Tam double coat, Tim Tam dark, Tim Tam original, Chicos, Vegemite, Cheesybite, and Tantrix
As you can tell, I get the privilege of picking and choosing from the stash before anyone else! So 1 pack of Tim Tams coated, 1 pack of Tim Tams dark, 2 packs of Chicos, the Vegemite, the Cheesybite, and the Tantrix game are now all off the market for Convergence... mwahahahaha!

It was time for dinner! I went to our local supermarket and grabbed a few good steak cuts, asparagus, fingerling potatoes, and complemented with some corn. Grilling turned out to be very relaxing and food was ready in less than one hour. After cleaning up it was time to sleep. Tomorrow, our prep time begins, so it will be another fun day.

Until next post!

MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MVP
IntellPartners, LLC
http://www.IntellPartners.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Power Apps - Application Monitoring with Azure Application Insights

DBMS: 12 Microsoft Dynamics GP: 0 error when updating to Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 R2

eConnect Integration Service for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010