The always busy Mark Polino

Every once in a while, I run into someone who inevitably ask me "what do I need to do to become a Microsoft MVP?". At some point in the past, I tried to answer this question with at least some of the things that I do in the community, just as an example of the numerous ways you can contribute. Frankly, there's no one way to become a Microsoft MVP and furthermore this is the best response I can give to this question: You have to be an MVP without the title, before even receiving the Award.

So, what does this have to do with Mark Polino and why am I talking about MVPs you may be asking. Well, it turns out that Mark is probably one of the busiest MVPs I have ever known... the guy simply does not sleep! Even though, like me, he would argue that 4 hours constitute a good night rest.

Today in particular, I wanted to highlight yet another contribution from Mark to the community - among all the others that you will see in the next few months. As it turned out, Mark had been working on a top secret project -- ok, maybe I am watching way too much TV. The result of those efforts is now MyGPSearch.com. This new search engine is built on the Google search plarform and compiles information from all existing blogs in the community. You may ask, and how is that new or different? What's new and different is, MyGPSearch is also able to search for a query across the former newsgroups and the Community website. This allows you to find a topic even in discussions conducted between individuals in the community.

Mark makes it clear though that in adding any new resource he will carefully evaluate whether you are trying to advertise your company or simply sell something. If that's the case, your site may not make the cut.

As if this wasn't enough, MyGPSearch is also available for the Android platform (QR code below), so be sure to get the app if you really need to have a handy resource, literally, while out at a client.


Don't have an Android phone? Make sure to check out MyGPSearch.com mobile site. With so many choices, please don't tell me you can't find what you need.

The next time you ask, "What do I need to become an MVP?", just look it up in MyGPSearch.com. I have added a permanent link to MyGPSearch.com on the right frame of this blog.

Ok, now my head hurts!

Until next post!

MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MVP
IntellPartners, LLC
http://www.intellpartners.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Power Apps - Application Monitoring with Azure Application Insights

DBMS: 12 Microsoft Dynamics GP: 0 error when updating to Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 R2

eConnect Integration Service for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010